Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Coupon Score of the Week

I have a bunch of actual food blog posts to catch up on, but because I'm lazy, I figure I can at least indulge the coupon side of me.

A few weeks ago, both Kroger and bigg's had Amour Meatballs on sale, 2/$5. I had a few coupons, but only used one for $1 off two.

I refrained because I was running out of room in my freezer.

I'm glad I refrained.

bigg's had a four-day New Year's Sale. At which, those same meatballs were $1.88 a pack. Much better than the previously advertised $2.50.

I had two coupons that were buy 2, get $1 off. So I got all four, $2 off the whole mess. If you divide that out, that's $0.50 off a bag. Making them $1.38 a bag. Originally $3.88 a bag.

I call that a deal.

And I immediately turned the whole lot over to my Brother the Chef to make cocktail meatballs for his New Year's Eve party. They were delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment