Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Champagne Dreams

Sometimes, I browse the liquor aisle at my grocery store to see what has a rebate attached.

You see, I like to try new or better things, but I don't like paying full price for them.

The other day, while looking for rebates (and not finding any), I picked up a recipe pull off for Pama Pomegranate Liqueur. I don't like buying really specific liquors because it always seems like there are so few drinks to make with them. So I just took the recipes home and filed them for another date.

The next time I was browsing the liquor aisle, I noticed that the Pama had more recipes attached to the neck of the bottle. I read the recipes. And I broke down and bought the Pama. I do like pomegranates, even if I do find the word difficult to spell and the fruit difficult to eat.

I decided to make Champagne Dreams to go with the breakfast I was going to make for dinner. You know, sort of like a dressed up mimosa.

I asked my friend who really likes champagne to bring a bottle to dinner. I really have no idea what is good or bad. She has more experience with it.

I used Triple Sec instead of Gran Marnier because that's what I had in the apartment and I really don't have any more room for more booze bottles.

And the friend who brought the "champagne" actually mixed everything while I was worrying over my frittata. (Next post...)

I even used my pretty champagne flutes, perhaps to make up for the lack of garnish.

The drink was really, really good. We didn't measure, because, really, who does when making an alcoholic beverage, but it didn't matter. It was tasty. Exactly like a mimosa, but better.

Now what to do with the rest of the Pama...

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, that looks AMAZING. I want to drink pama mimosas with you!!

    ReplyDelete