Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Grapefruit cocktail

It occurred to me earlier this week that I was only planning on two new recipes. But I want to stick to three posts.


So I scrambled.


And decided to try a drink that I was fairly certainly would go with my meal, but I already had two of the three ingredients, and the third was easy for a friend to pick up.


It was a grapefruit cocktail.


Now, I love pink grapefruit juice cocktail. And it must be the pink. I can't pull a My Brother the Chef and drink that bitter yellow stuff. No. Pink for me.


And I discovered years ago that Fresca, a grapefruit soda that only comes diet, is a fantastic mixer.


Also, one of my friends has a small love affair with tequila.


So this drink needed to happen.


Look, the recipe is on the photo!

No amounts are listed, so I filled glasses with ice, poured in some tequila, poured in grapefruit juice, then finished with the Fresca. I had forgotten about the basil leaves, so I skipped that part.


I'm still contemplating an herb garden on my porch.


It looks much cuter in a mason jar. I'm just not hipster enough for that.
We all really liked the drink. It might not have been the best combo with food, as grapefruit is a very strong taste, but we all liked it and will remember it for when we decide to sunbathe on a lazy Saturday. Or Sunday. Or Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment