Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Shark Attack

Sometimes, you just need a big pitcher of something adult.

Enter Guy Fierri, who seems to like make alcoholic beverages by the gallon.

I bought myself his cookbook after getting rid of his Diners, Drive-ins and Dives book. The cookbook is going to be awesome, even if I might have to have my Brother the Chef make some of the recipes.

So, to go with various appetizers that I was passing off as dinner, I decided to make a pitcher of Shark Attack. I mentally went through my bar and pantry, and realized I had everything but orange juice, grendaine, a lemon and maraschino cherries.

I bought the grendaine, and assinged my friends the juice, lemon and cherries.

I pulled everything out of the pantry to mix together in my glass pitcher, when I realized it.

I didn't have any rum.

Why was the rum gone? Where did it go?

Well, it must have been consumed, for it was nowhere to be found.

I suppose I could have just left out the rum. Or perhaps double the tequila. But I put in vodka instead. Probably not the best choice, but it's the one I made at the time.

I also doubled (maybe tripled?) the recipe because although the directions say to make it in a pitcher, there was actually very little liquid.

Look. Doubled (or tripled?) and it's still a very small amount in the pitcher.
The resulting drink was not bad. Rum definitely would have been better. And less fruit. Seriously, the man goes a little overboard with the solids in the drink. But this is something I would make again.

No comments:

Post a Comment