Thursday, October 4, 2012

Random Coupon Score of the Week

So I know I usually don't do this, but I was really pleased how this turned out.

I went to my preferred grocery store (Remke bigg's, because they are in colusion with Speedway to garner my loyalty) to pick up a few things. All in the dairy section, but since I always carry my coupons with me, I decided to use a few.

I decided to pick up a few boxes of Hamburger Helper. Yes, I know, not the healtiest thing in the world, but I make one batch and it's lunch for a week, which is really nice to my pocket book.

It's especially nice to my pocket book this time around.

See, the coupon is for $.75 off of three boxes. Bigg's doubles up to a dollar, so it becomes $1 off three. Hamburger Helper is on sale, 10/$10. So, $1 per box. I was only going to use one coupon, but I had two identical ones and this was a good sale, so I used both coupons and got six boxes. I kept thinking of it as "Buy 2, Get 1 Free."

But it's better than that.

See, the boxes are originally $1.79 each. So I paid $4 for six boxes, when that would usually cost $10.74.

I like saving 60 percent on groceries.

No comments:

Post a Comment