Sunday, October 28, 2012

Slow Cooker Barbecue Ribs

I've been on a let's-not-spend-more-money-on-food-than-I-have-to kick, which was inevitably led to a let's-clean-out-my-freezer-and-pantry kick.

Which meant that I wasn't about to buy meat for my most recent dinner. I had pork ribs I had picked up a whole ago when they were on sale (yay for freezers), so I found a slow-cooker recipe to go with them.

BBQ Country-Style Ribs in the Slow Cooker
Ingredients:
   1 small onion, sliced in half-moon rings
   4 garlic cloves, chopped
   2 pounds country-style boneless pork ribs
   9 oz. of prepared barbecue sauce
   1 tsp. dried oregano
   1/4 tsp. ground cumin
   Pinch dried ground chipotle powder or squirt of hot pepper sauce
Directions:
   Spray inside of slow cooker with nonstick spray. Place sliced onion on bottom, sprinkle garlic on top. Rinse and pat ribs dry, put them on top of onion and garlic. Pour barbecue sauce on top, sprinkle herbs and hot sauce on top. Put on line and cook on low for 8-10 hours.

So I followed the recipe exactly, other than prepping everything the night before so all I had to do in the morning was put the pot in the crock and turn it on.

Per usual.

Unfortunately, I think my crock pot runs hot.

The recipe called for 8-10 hours on low, which I did, but I can home to burnt smelling ribs.

We ate them anyway. The flavor wasn't bad, but they were dry. Because they were overcooked.

They even look dry in the picture. Sad.
I might try this recipe again, but I'll definitely change the amount of time or the temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment