Sunday, October 14, 2012

Super Sausage Dip

Occasionally, my boyfriend likes to have people over.

I see this as sign that I should cook, since I won't have to clean and since his idea of providing munchies is opening a bag of chips. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I prefer something more substantial and/or creative.

So I decided to make this super sausage dip since I was fairly certain I had all the ingredients. And I own a fondue pot.



Now, the pin I used said one can of Rotel tomatoes and green chilis, while the recipe itself calls for fresh chopped tomatoes and a can of green chilis, in addition to an onion and half a green bell pepper (I used a whole, small yellow one since that's what I had from my parents' garden).

I used the can of Rotel. It was just so much easier.

I followed the cooking directions exactly. I changed the color of the pepper and I added a couple dashes of hot sauce because, for some reason, I thought the recipe called for spicy sausage and I had regular. Turns out, I can't read. It took a while for the cream cheese to melt in properly, but I had time. It's not like people show up on the dot.

I then transferred it to the fondue pot and tasted it.

Oh.

My.

God.

Yes, it really is so good that those words deserve not only their own sentences, but their own paragraphs.



Everyone loved it. At least everyone who tried it did. I think everyone tried it.

We did have leftovers, as there were only maybe 6 or 8 of us at my boyfriend's house. I put the leftovers in the fridge, hoping he'd reheat it for a snack and let me know who that worked.

But he did not reheat it. And neither did his roommate.

I threw the leftovers away a week later.

I will totally make this again, but for a bigger group of people.

No comments:

Post a Comment