Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Sausage Potato and Cheddar Cheese Stew

My man was coming to dinner. And I didn't feel like working too hard on dinner.

So I decided to make this stew. Come on. Potatoes? Sausage? Cheese? Yeah, it sounded really tasty.

Everything looks tastier in a bread bowl.
He was coming to dinner on Monday. I looked at the recipe on Sunday to see what I needed to pick up after work on Monday.

That's when I relaized it was a slow cooker recipe.

Because I'm a genius.

So I ran around my kitchen and panty and found, thanks to me remembering to buy chicken stock, I actually had all the ingredients. Well, almost all. I only have 9 oz. of smoked sausage and I needed 16. So I chopped up the carving board ham I had bought with a coupon and used that for the rest of the meat.

I put everything in the slow cooker and put it in the fridge so all I had to do the next morning was take it out and put in on the electical unit.

That might have been the mistake.

You see, I got home and thought my apartment smelled like burnt cheese. I put everything down and checked the crock pot.

My stew.
Everything was a little browner than the picture.

And the cheese was in two congealed masses.

Said cheesy masses.
I tasted it. It was too salty, the potatoes were barely cooked through and the sausage was mushy.

We had scrambled eggs and bacon for dinner instead.

Conclusion: Maybe combined all the ingredients the night before isn't always the best idea. And read the recipe more than one day in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment