Thursday, April 19, 2012

Untitled deliciousness

It seems whoever came up with this champagne concoction drank do much of it that they forgot to name it. Name or no, though, my friends and I totally drank this at a small celebration.


It's half champagne and half lambic framboise, a.k.a. delicious raspberry beer. Lindemans is definitely the one you see most around here, and the most afforable. The only other one I can recall seeing was an organic version for twice the price. Seriously. I'll take the cheap-and-tasty one, thanks.


Classy like with etched glass.
I have no idea what kind of champagne or sparkling wine we used. We had two bottles. We decided to use the dryer one (a brut) because the lambic is rather sweet, which we know from experience.


You pour it. You drink it. It really is that simple.


And it was tasty, although with all that carbonation, not something you could drink all night.


Conclusion: A special occasion drink.


Potential variation: Peach instead of raspberry lambic. Or cherry, but I think I would like peach best.

No comments:

Post a Comment