Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Chocolate and Peanut Butter Chip Pretzle Cookies

In addition to making something savory for my man's party, I wanted something sweet(ish), too. I like to have balance.

So I made cookies.

My man loves cookies.

These multi-chip, pretzel cookies looked really good on Pintrest, so that's what I went with. I followed the recipe exactly, including the parchment paper. I know better than to think you can do without the parchment paper.

I followed the directions exactly. I crunched up the pretzels in a small bowl with the wrong end of my new muddler. Super useful. I used my spiffy cookie scoop to make the cookies.

And that's where I might have gone wrong.

See. the cookie scoop is deep. Which means the cookies are tall. This isn't a problem with moist batters like the strawberry cake cookies, those spread out.

These did not.

So when I took them out of the oven, they were pretty well still balls.

Now, they were tasty. People were surprised by the salt, but everyone enjoyed them.

Next time, though, I'll smoosh the cookies down a bit.


_________________________________________________________

Yes, definitely smoosh the cookies down. As Much at the pretzels will allow.

No comments:

Post a Comment