Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Coupon Spotlight: Pringles at Remke bigg's

I'm going out of town this weekend. A road trip to Chicago to be a good girlfriend and support my boyfriend at a gaming convention. Also known as, If I go this once, I can say I've been and don't ever have to go again if I don't like it.

Yes, that's one heck of a pseudonym.

Either way, I'm driving up myself, so I wanted to pick up something salty and crunchy for the car. Knowing that if I didn't pick something up before I actually left, I'd spend twice as much money in a gas station, I checked the grocery store circulars for a deal.

There's one on Pringles at bigg's.

Now, if you don't like Pringles, this obviously isn't a good deal. I like potato chips. A lot. Which is why they usually aren't in my house. But I'm running out of salty and crunchy things to pack for work, so I figured it would be okay this once.

Pringles are on sale, Buy 2, Get 1 Free. That's not a bad sale. Doing the math, a 10/$10 would be better, but how often do you see that on Pringles?

So, Pringles puts coupons out myabe every two-three months. Always the same three coupons. $1 on two reduced fat, $1 off four regular cans, $1 the snack size ones.

I still had the coupons that will expire April 21.

Now, if you're brain has jumped ahead, you'll note that for the sale, I have to buy a number that is divisible by 3. And you'll notice that if I use the first two coupons, that's a total of 6 cans.

So I went to the store with the intention of buying 2 reduced fat varieties and 4 regulars. It doesn't hurt at all that I think the reduced fat taste pretty darn good.

So, here's the math:

Usually, one can is $1.69. $1.69 x 6 = $10.14.

This week's sale means I only paid for four cans, and there were coupons. $1.69 x 4 = $6.76. $6.76 - $2 (in coupons) = $4.76.

That's a 53% savings on Pringles.

No comments:

Post a Comment